Information and application
This year the two Underwater Archaeology Field Schools will take place on San Vito lo Capo (TP).
The first campaign, a two week-log session, will take place between the 10th and the 23rd of June and is limited to 10 participants; depending on the request, there will be the chance to participate to one or more week.
The second campaign, a three week-long session, will take place between the 26th of August and the 15th of September and is limited to 15 participants per week; depending on the request, there will be the chance to participate to one or more week.
The field school is aimed at students and professionals operating in the sector of archaeology, but also to everyone interested in this exciting discipline. To participate in diving activities, it is necessary to have a diving certificate that will allow you to dive up to 18 meters in depth*.
The candidates will be selected basing on the CV.
- Open Water Diver certificate*,
- Current medical document stating that the participant is fit for diving activities .
*If you do not possess the certificate there is the possibility to achieve it at a lower price at the diving center. For further information please contact us.
- Pre-registration form (click here to download)
- Curriculum vitae et studiorum,
- Copy of a current ID,
- Copy of the up-to-date scuba certificate,
- Copy of a digital passport photo,
- Copy of a current medical certificate stating that the participant is fit for diving activities.
If judged to be suitable, the candidate will proceed to pay a deposit equal to 30% of the participation fee, to the bank account indicated in the reply mail.
• package with accommodation:
- for one week: € 750,00
- for two weeks: € 1200,00
- for three weeks: € 1800,00
• package without accommodation:
- for one week: € 600,00
- for two weeks: € 900,00
- for three weeks: € 1350,00
**If you already have an archaeology diver certificate or an accommodation in San Vito lo Capo for the course duration, costs will be adjusted accordingly.
COURSE FEES INCLUDE
- Accommodation in apartment shared between 3-6 persons in double room with own bathroom and kitchen,
- Course tuition,
- Certificate of participation,
- Tanks, tank filling and weights,
- Accident insurance during the course dive,
- Stationery and tools for laboratories and survey,
- USB stick with the course handouts,
- The “ARCHAEOLOGY DIVER” certification from the worldwide scuba training organization “WASE”.
Travel expenses and unspecified costs are not included.
We encourage participants to bring their own dive gear, however, a complete set of diving gear can be rented at the diving center.
page translated by Marta Paccani firstname.lastname@example.org